Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Halifax mortgage - SVR cap

Would you like a New Year windfall? You would? Well read on ...

I've had my mortgage with the Halifax for the past 6yrs and I recently received a long-winded letter from them about a Standard Variable Rate (SVR) cap that had been applied when it shouldn't have.

Subsequently, they've credited my mortgage with what they refer to as a "goodwill gesture". Now, for me, it was quite a substantial sum and I couldn't help thinking I'd have rather received this "gesture" direct into my current account - so I could make better use of it.

So I did some Googling, as you do, and found a Q and A (see Q6) on the Halifax website. It turns out that you CAN receive this as a cheque!

Here's how: simply call the freephone number at the top of the letter, quote your mortgage roll number and they'll send you a cheque within 14 working days. Sadly there isn't the technology available for them to do an electronic transfer directly into a nominated bank account.

Hhhmmmm ....

So, there you go. Happy and Prosperous New Year to you all!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: