Thursday, September 01, 2011

So, what about me?

This post is a random collection of facts/thoughts, which are all about me.

I am happy 97% of the time; I'm luckier than millions of people in the world and thankful for what I have.

I'm 41yrs old
I don't like celery
I try to forgive and forget, it's too consuming to bear grudges
Sometimes I just forget things
I was married for 4.5yrs (with my ex-husband for almost 10 years)
I love taking photographs.  I don't think I'll ever stop taking or looking at photographs
I've been single since February 2005
I work in a business change/communications role on IT projects
I do voluntary work for my local independent cinema
I'd love to be a mum, I really would, but I fear it may never happen
I enjoy cooking very much, particularly for other people
I have little patience for people who won't help themselves - i.e. the say-ers not the do-ers
In spring/summer 2012, me and my sister are going to cycle from Chichester to Le Havre for charity
Twitter is my preferred social networking site - I've met some incredible people through it, some of which are now genuinely close friends
I'm not very good with music.  It's like my relationship with wine, I know what I like when I hear/taste it - but I'm terrible at remembering it.  Some people wouldn't like my tastes in either.  Some people prefer silence and beer.
I often spend time helping friends through tough times as a way of (unconsciously) avoiding dealing with my own woes e.g. money worries, low self-esteem, loneliness etc
I've lost almost 3 stone since March last year.  This has been an amazing confidence-booster.  I highly recommend it; if you need to lose weight that is.
My mum left the family home and moved to New Zealand when I was 8yrs old - my dad (who isn't my natural father) brought me up. He's amazing.
I owe a lot of money to some "people" who I'll never meet (think about it)
I'd love to own a dog, I think I'm a natural with them
I need to do less of some things and more of others
I enjoy public speaking, although I get terribly nervous beforehand

This sounds like a dating site profile blurb. It's certainly better than some of the ill-thought out sentences I've assembled previously for such websites.

I'll keep adding to this and re-publish intermittently as more things pop into my head.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




Location:Chichester, UK


No comments: