Friday, August 13, 2004

Big Footie Weekend Preview!

Okay, rapid-fire predictions for a couple of the weekends games .... welcome back the Premiership, how we've missed you!

I'll leave Toffees v Gooners prediction to you Drekkers!

Aston Villa v Southampton

Sorry darling, I think Villa will win 1-0. Watch out for van Damme's interesting free kick style .... It will be interesting to see how Beattie performs though in front of O'Leary, as the main party interested in signing him ..... For the sake of my FFL points I hope that Niemi doesn't concede more than one!

Man U v Chelsea

I'd love to think that my Devils will do the Blues, but their defence is far too leaky at the moment. Smith to score, for sure, however I think Chelsea will slip a couple through ...... Drogba will be keen to impress on his Premiership debut and perhaps the other coming from Gudjohnsen

Norwich v Crystal Palace

Interesting that the newly promoted meet on the first day in the Premiership. Home win for Norwich I reckon, spurred on by the promise of some home-made goodies from Delia ....

Only one Coca-Cola League Championship game that I am interested in, hope to be there too tomorrow afternoon, in the Brighton sunshine ....

Brighton v Coventry

The Seagulls still have a number of 1st team players out with injuries and/or suspensions - Charlie Oatway, Leon Knight, Dan Harding, John Piercy, Richard Carpenter, Chris McPhee .... etc - however, after presumably getting a rocket up their rears after the game on Tuesday night, they really cannot play any worse ....... I'm predicting (praying for) a home win. Up the Seagulls!






No comments: