Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!

I was overcharged by a restaurant in Midhurst a couple of weeks ago to the tune of £27.05 .... finally after to-ing and fro-ing with the restaurant manager, it turns out that their 'procedure' is for me to contact my bank and ask them to reimburse the unauthorised overpayment then they have to contact the restaurant directly for them to be reimbursed themselves.

So as it stands at the moment, not only I am currently out of pocket, soon First Direct (my bank) will be out of pocket too (to keep me happy by offering the refund) and in the meantime, the restaurant in question will take their time reimbursing the bank I guess to bleed as much interest out of their cock-up in the first place!!!!!

Why the restaurant cannot credit my account directly - even after they have admitted liability - is beyond me!!!!!

Okay, end of rant ................

No comments: